Living in the tropics has many advantages like sunny warm days surrounded by crystal clear blue waters full of amazing fish varying in size and all the colors of the rainbow. Palm tree lined beaches with white, white sand.
Since these pesticides are ineffective with adult populations not to mention the serious side effects to human, aquatic and insect life another way has to be found.
|Man made breeding site|
- Collection of all of the coconuts on the ground before the beginning of the rainy season! Even the smallest crack can contain enough water for breeding.
- Fill in all the tree holes capable of holding water with cement or cut away tree holes if appropriate.
- Map and treat all of the domestic sources of water which are capable of breeding mosquitoes.
- Create tight seals on all of the grey water and sewage water drain clean out boxes and filling gaps under concrete lids with a layer of grout. Broken concrete lids to be repaired or replaced.
- Screen all grey water and sewage water vent pipes appropriately to prevent mosquito access.
- Create mosquito proof lids for all water tanks, wells, sewage clean outs
- Clean out all rain gutters, checking for areas capable of holding standing water
- Check all areas for standing water.
- Remove any materials capable of holding water.
- Remove any unused materials or useful in the future.
- Clean, maintain and repair all areas capable of holding water and are capable of breeding mosquitoes.
- Drill drain holes in all the garbage containers so they will not hold water in the rainy season.
- Eliminate tarps as they hold water and form breeding sites.
- Remove tires or store in a covered area.
|A happy team working together for the benefit of all and environment|